Although green grass and blooming flowers aren’t the first thing that come to mind when you look outside this time of year, now is the time to begin thinking about it. Sunshine is on the rise, the snow is melting, and if a certain groundhog from Pennsylvania is to be believed, we’re going to have an early spring.
The first thing you should consider when planning out your spring landscaping projects is what your goals are. Are you looking to increase curb appeal, or do you have a more serious problem like poor drainage of rotting trees? Once you have evaluated your needs and determined goals it is time to get planning. Here are the top 5 steps to get you started:
- Map out the area: Mapping out your home and the area surrounding will give you a better idea of how much space really have. You will have to consider sidewalks, walking paths, patios, and planting space. Landscape plans use symbols to indicate plants, hardscape materials, trees and architectural features.
- Contrast with the exterior of your home: It is said that the color of your house is the backdrop for your garden. Before planning out the colors of your yard, you should take a look at your house and find colors that will compliment it well. Learn more about which landscape colors and flowers will look best with your house color before making your plans.
- Plan for maintenance: When deciding to add landscaping and gardens to your yard, it is important to remember that it will need constant maintenance to keep it looking good. These things will include pulling weeds, trimming, and watering. It is important when choosing plants that you consider plants that fit into your maintenance schedule.
- Get inspired! There are so many beautiful landscaping ideas on the internet. Take a look at our Pinterest page to get inspired.
- Do your research: Just like any home improvement project, it is important to do your research before you being so you can be fully prepared. DIY projects are sometimes much more complicated than they appear, and it is important to consider whether you will do this project yourself or if you would rather hire someone to help you with the project.
If you are looking for more professional information about lawn care this spring, please contact the professionals at Ehlinger Lawn Care. We have tons of experience in all sorts of yards and we can help you maintain the yard of your dreams.